Coinomi crypto wallet is trusted by millions of users. Its security features, multi-chain support, mobile and desktop apps, and support for thousand of coins and tokens make it a good choice for both the novice and advanced users. Let’s see how to install it and use it with DEXFIN Token.
Please, keep in mind that the Coinomi app can go through updates and the menus and screens can look a bit different. But the principles will remain the same and can be applied to other crypto wallets, as well.
Download and Install the Coinomi Wallet App
- Download Coinomi Wallet for Android, iOS, Windows, macOS or Linux.
- Follow the in-app guide to install the app.
- “Seed” phrase (24 random words) will be displayed.
- Please, write this seed phrase down on a piece of paper and place it somewhere safe for safekeeping.
- After that set up a password to access the wallet from your device. Write your password down and keep your password safe offline.
Note on Seed Phrase
A seed phrase (seed recovery phrase, backup seed phrase, mnemonic phrase, seed passphrase) is a list of up to 24 words which store all the information needed to recover your cryptocurrency funds on the blockchain. From this seed phrase, both your private and public keys in a cryptocurrency wallet are generated. Thanks to the seed phrase, you will easily recover your wallet and all your funds in case your device breaks, gets stolen or if you need to have your walet on another device. The seed phrase is supposed to be stored offline – not to be accessible by computers.
What you should (not) do:
- Never take a screenshot of your seed phrase.
- Don’t write your seed phrase into any computer file (such as text document, sheet, etc.).
- Store your seed phrase offline. One of the best practices is to write it on a piece of paper (even in several copies) with a pencil or pen with document ink that won’t fade and smudge.
Add the Token to Your Wallet
Tap the [+] symbol.
Tap on Add Tokens option.
From Add Token/Select blockchain screen, choose Ethereum – because DEXFIN Token (DXF) is an ERC20 (Ethereum) token.
Add the DXF Token
Tap the top right menu, the 3 vertical dots, and use Add Token Manually option.
Add the details:
- Contract address: 0x15Eabb7500E44B7Fdb6e4051cA8DecA430cF9FB8
- Name: DEXFIN
- Symbol: DXF
- Decimals: 18
Your initial balance will be 0.00 DXF.
Note on Contract Address
You can verify the Dexfin Token contract address on Etherscan.
Receiving Your DXF Tokens
- Tap on Dexfin Token and on the bottom left and tap on Receive.
- Your receiving address will be displayed just above the QR code.
NOTE: Your address will be different from the one displayed on the screenshot.
- Scan the QR Code with the camera of your smart phone or copy this address to receive your DXF Tokens, for example, if you want to send them from DEXFIN Exchange to your Coinomi app.
Sending Your DFX Tokens
- Tap on Dexfin Token and on the bottom left and tap on Send.
- Scan the QR Code of the recipient with the camera of your smart phone or paste the recipient’s address to send your DXF Tokens.
Note on Sending and Receiving Tokens
It’s a good practice to always double check if the sending and/or receiving address is correct.
In case you use an incorrect address or in case you lose access to your wallet, the tokens will be lost or become inaccessible.